Saturday, October 25, 2008

Gyro - Kebab and Rice



So once I had awesome Tzatziki sauce, I thought I'd make the rest of the meal Stick likes.

I'm still playing with the proportions, so this is more of a note to myself than a recipe.

ground turkey (I am not a fan of red meat, but I suppose it would be more authentic to use ground beef or lamb)
coriander
cumin
garlic
lemon juice
finely minced onion

I mixed everything up and let it sit in the fridge for an hour or so. Then I rolled the meat into sausages and fried then in a little oil. Next time I would make patties as sausage don't fit very well into pita pockets.

Next, I added some butter to the pan where I'd just fried the meat, and quickly stir-fried some rice in it.

Rice cooked in chicken broth
garlic powder
butter

I served everything with a tomato-feta-cucumber salad and grilled mushrooms (because mushroom go with EVERYTHING)

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=6a9170ab53c2b9461fe824295f800719 ss_blog_claim=6a9170ab53c2b9461fe824295f800719